Evan Williams, creator of Blogger and Twitter, on how to evaluate a new product idea.
He argues that there are seven areas to evaluate:
* Tractability: how difficult to launch version 1.0?
* Obviousness: why should people use it?
* Deepness: how valuable to the user?
* Wideness: how many will use it?
* Discoverability: how will people learn about the product?
* Monetizability: how hard will it be to make money
* Personally Compelling: is this what you want to do?
A good framework, especially when comparing different ideas.